The cross-examination of a prosecution witness has concluded in a Model Code of Conduct violation case involving AAP MP Sanjay Singh in Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh. The next hearing is scheduled for May 21.
A special MP-MLA court in Sultanpur deferred the hearing in a model code of conduct violation case involving AAP leader Sanjay Singh due to the investigating officer's absence. The next hearing is scheduled for May 14.
A court in Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh, conducted cross-examination of the investigating officer in a case involving AAP MP Sanjay Singh related to an alleged violation of the Model Code of Conduct during the 2021 panchayat elections. The next hearing is scheduled for April 20.
Security measures were heightened across Uttar Pradesh following a car blast in Delhi. Anti-terror agencies and police conducted searches in multiple cities, including Lucknow, in response to the incident.
Five individuals have been arrested in Ahmedabad, India, for allegedly impersonating trustees and collecting rent for 17 years from properties belonging to two Waqf Board-registered trusts. The accused, who are not actual trustees, constructed around 100 houses and shops on the trust land and collected rent from them, misusing the properties for personal benefits. An FIR has been registered against them for cheating and forging documents.
Four of the five accused in the August 22 gang-rape case were identified by the photojournalist and her male colleague during an identification parade held in a south Mumbai jail on Friday, police said.
Days after sentencing four men to life term for brutalising a telephone operator in Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, a local court on Monday framed fresh charges against the three common convicts in the 2013 photojournalist gang rape case.
A sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday held guilty three convicts in the Shakti Mills photojournalist gang rape case under an amended IPC section, which entails death penalty, for committing repeated offence.
The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday found all the accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape cases guilty.
The 18-year-old telephone operator who was allegedly gang raped in the Shakti Mills compound here on July 31 today deposed before a trial court and expressed her desire to get even with the accused who had beaten her up during the sexual assault.
Three men found guilty of gang-raping two women in the abandoned Shakti Mills in Mumbai last year were sentenced to death by a court on Friday, bringing into force for the first time the new law for repeat rape offenders.
All five accused in the brutal gang rape of a young photojournalist in the city have been arrested, three days after the incident triggered outrage across the country.
Mumbai Police, which is probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, on said it has recovered two more mobile phones carried by the accused during the ghastly crime.
The Mumbai police on Thursday filed a chargesheet against four accused in last month's gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist.
The police today filed a chargesheet, against four accused in connection with the July 31 gang-rape of an 18-year-old telephone operator on the premises of Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.
The sessions court trying the Mumbai photojournalist's gang rape case on Monday set a deadline for itself saying it would try to conclude the hearing in 60 days.
According to a police official, the woman claimed to be have been criminally assaulted in July this year by some of the men arrested in the photojournalist case.
Mumbai police, who are probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, have claimed that the culprits had forced the victim to clean up the crime scene at the desolate Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.
The Mumbai police will on Thursday file chargesheets against the five accused in the photojournalist gang-rape case, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil said on Monday.
Three convicts in the Shakti Mills photojournalist gang-rape case have approached the Bombay high court to challenge the framing of charge against them under Section 376 (e) of the Indian Penal Code which can be punishable by the death sentence.
The five accused arrested in connection with the gang rape of 23-year-old photojournalist were on Wednesday taken to Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai to reconstruct the sequence of events that led to the crime.
The 17-year-old minor boy who is an accused in the July 31 gang rape case was identified by the victim and her boyfriend, during an identification parade held at the juvenile remand home in South Mumbai, police said.
Two juveniles arrested in connection with the Shakti Mill gang rape cases of a photojournalist and a telephone operator were on Tuesday convicted by the Juvenile Justice Board and sent to a Nashik school for three years to learn "good behaviour".
The minor accused in the gang-rape case was identified on Wednesday by the photojournalist and her male colleague during an identification parade held at juvenile remand home in south Mumbai, police said.
A group of women hurled eggs at three accused in the photojournalist gang-rape case when they were being brought out of a court here today, while confusion prevailed over the age of another suspect whose family claimed he was a minor.
Javed Akhtar says he has to write Hindi dialogues in the Roman script for the new generation of actors today because 'they can't read anything else'.
The 23-year-old photojournalist in the Mumbai gang-rape case identified her assaulters and fainted inside the court during her four-hour deposition on Thursday following which she was taken to a city hospital.
Asim said 53 injured were currently being treated while seven had been admitted to the intensive care unit.
The Mumbai police and the jail administration cut a sorry figure on Thursday when it was discovered that an accused in the sensational Shakti Mills compound gang-rape case had "disappeared" and could not be produced before the court but he was later found to be in prison.
The Mumbai police on Friday moved closer to nailing the five accused arrested in the photojournalist's gang rape case with forensic tests confirming that DNA samples found on the victim matched with those of the suspects.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday granted life to two death convicts in the 2002 American Center attack case in Kolkata with a rider that the mastermind will remain behind the bars till death and the other will spend at least 30 years in jail without remission.
All the five accused in the gang rape of a photojournalist in a secluded area of a defunct mill have been arrested by police with the remaining two suspects on the run being held today three days after the crime which will be tried in a fast track court.
Over two months after 74 people were killed in a building collapse, the police on Monday filed a charge sheet against 27 accused, which included real estate developers, civic officials and a local corporator.
Former BJP president of Bharuch and senior Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh member Shirish Bangali and general secretary of Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha Pragnesh Mistry were shot dead in the district by two unidentified gunmen on November 2 last year.
'Narendra Modi is a beginner on the national scene. Intelligence and security will be new for him on a national scale. He will succeed if he crosses the bureaucratic barriers. If he entangles himself in these barriers, then I highly doubt he will succeed,' former R&AW agent R K Yadav tells Rediff.com's Vicky Nanjappa.
'I have only this to say to those who talk about Mewar rulers and Akbar's brutality -- do you expect a king to not expand his kingdom?' 'You have entire cities named after Muslim rulers. It's time our heroes got their due.'
'Madhubala told me that of all the addictions, the biggest addiction is make-up; once you put it on, you can never leave the limelight even if you want to,' Tabassum tells Patcy N.